It’s been so long! I’ve thought about you nearly every day since I last wrote, on July 18th.
Wasn’t that all about circuses and monkeys? Could you relate? If you’re into astrology at all, that was as we were heading into the July 26th Mercury Retrograde, which is about to end in the next few days. I’ve read that we feel the effects for a week leading up to – and week after – the retrograde.
Personally, my last few weeks have been packed!
I have been posting a TON on my Instagram page – I would love it if you would join me there too!
The big highlight was our week at Lake Siskiyou.
We had a family vacation at the lake which was nothing short of incredible! It was the first vacation with the special combination of my father, step-siblings, and assorted other family members in over a decade.
I want to say it was worth the wait, but I don’t ever want to wait that long again to get us all together! We enjoyed skinny dipping in the lake during a lightning storm (I know, I know…) We had incredible sunsets and watched the blood moon rise over the horizon…
We cooked over the fire nearly every night…
We took a boat out for the day and floated and fished and swam…
We had rowdy games of cards Against Humanity and laughed and teased one another and laughed some more.
I also got some time with my father to talk about his childhood and how he met my mother when she was in high school and he was a strapping young college track star.
They split up when I was around 2 years old and I heard some stories that were new to me that made me look at their relationship – and my early years – in a different way.
In fact, that is one of the many, many projects I have bouncing around in my head, I’m not kidding when I tell you my cups are filled to the brim!
I have started a list, just to get the ideas out of my head and onto paper where I might have a better chance of making sense of them and prioritizing.
I’m interested to know if any of these ideas resonate with you: (click here to take a short survey!)
- A re-write and expansion of The Crime of Seduction – basically a re-write with book 2 included and (better) professional editing.
- A series of essays based on my autobiographical poem Pussy Has 9 Lives where I expand and share more about each event.
- A memoir of sorts based on the story of my parents’ romance. They married when my mom was 18 and a senior in high school. I grew up with one version of events from my mom (they split up when I was two) and then, as my mom was dying at age 61 from early onset dementia, I heard my father’s version of events which was significantly different. Since then I have dug deeper and interviewed my father and his sister. My mom’s older sister and my sort-of step-mother are up next…
- A memoir of sorts based upon my wild and reckless 1980s youth – smoking pot in 5th grade, learning about masturbation from Dear Abby, spending time with a variety of bad boys (including a drug dealer who showed up at my house with a dollar sign sprayed in glitter in his finger wave hair ‘do), dating a famous pro baseball player and learning a whole lot of hard lessons along the way.
- A work of non-fiction in the self-help category focused on encouraging women of a certain age (40 – 60 years old) gather up their timid petticoats and jump into the rest of their life like their hair is on fire!
Basically a book version of how to do this in life – but with a softer landing!
Sometimes you just gotta go for it! For the record, it looks a lot worse than it was, although I did get a bit bruised on my left thigh! #totally worth it!
It’s good to ba back with you, here on vinegar and vanilla. I hope you have had a great summer and please, take a minute to give me some feedback on my project ideas:
Just CLICK HERE NOW!
With love and abundance,