Yesterday’s post was called Ask Me Anything.
Thank you to those who have posed questions! I will answer them tomorrow, promise!
In the meantime, here are a
few thirty random facts about me:
- My mom was 18 when she had me.
- She was pregnant when she graduated from high school.
- My dad was a college student.
- My grandmother took my mom from northern California down to southern California for her pregnancy test to avoid anyone local “finding out.”
- My parents eloped to Reno to get married.
NOTE: ^^^this is all family legend. I have long wanted to write a memoir where I interview family members for their take on the story I believe to be true. My mom is gone, so I better get on the ball and start interviewing the others who may know what really happened! (I have been saying I better do this for years now…)
6. I take my coffee black
7. My parents’ nickname for me was Rosemary Buttbomb. #guesswhy
8. I lived next door to a notorious serial killer for a short while when I was a child.
9. I had a childhood friend named “Pookie.”
10. I used to ground myself when I was younger.
11. I was a latch-key kid.
12. When I was little I lived with my mom and step-dad and we lived next door to my father and his girlfriend.
13. If my sister had been a boy she would have been named after the Oakland A’s pitcher Vida Blue.
14. I dated an All-Star/MVP MLB baseball player.
15. I dated an NFL player who scored three touchdowns on Monday Night Football.
16. I’ve been married twice.
17. I’ve been divorced twice.
18. I take anti-depressants. #isthereaconnection?
19. The farthest I have traveled is Western Samoa.
20. I donated a kidney to my sister. (She is doing great health-wise!)
21. I have taken classes at four junior colleges and five universities.
22. One of my favorite smells is horse.
23. My first celebrity crush was a tie between William Shatner and and Robert Redford.
24. I had posters of Mikael Baryshnikov and Sylvester Stallone on my wall in grade school.
25. I wanted to be an Arabian horse trainer when I was a child.
26. I started writing poems when I was about 10.
27. I cry when I read amazing poems or sad books. #oldyellergotme #janekenyon
28. I love the smell of lavender and use lavender soap and lotion. My ex-husband said I smelled like old lady.
29. My uncle committed suicide.
30. My favorite bird is either the hawk or the hummingbird.
Share something random about yourself in the comments – or ask me ANYTHING!